20 Aralık 2010 Pazartesi

Small Miracles



I know some of you have all your Christmas decorations up already, but I tend to start out slow. This little paperwhite bulb in a milkglass mayonnaise cup is just about the only holiday decorating I've done so far. lol




And I've even embellished the saucer with some berries and a bit of pine branch from a recent walk in the park! Wowza, right?

I'm not proud of my lagging efforts. But I have to say that I just don't feel right doing the Christmas thing until after the turkey day stuff is over. That's just the way I roll.




I have a few more paperwhites planted in a Michael's urn that I got a few years ago. I love watching the green tips grow just a little taller each day -- it's lovely to have that symbol of new life in the dark days of winter. And when they eventually bloom, they perfume the whole house!




I'd like to think that the slow procession of growth is also a reminder to slow down in this sometimes hyper season, to turn our faces to the winter sun and have faith that the miracle of Christmas -- the miracle of light and life in the dead of winter -- will happen even if we don't get all the cards mailed and the gifts bought and the cookies baked.

Just a small miracle to remind us of the reason for the season.



make a christmas card |paper christmas cards |cheap christmas cards |christmas card greetings |online christmas cards |

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder