20 Aralık 2010 Pazartesi

Copper and Bone



We had a light frost last night, and I woke up this morning to see the grass under the sugar maple littered with fallen leaves. The pin oaks hold onto their leaves a little longer, to shine like burnished copper in the autumn sun.




All this has sent me rummaging in the closets to bring out the pieces of copper and bone that I've collected over the years at thrift stores and rummage sales and antiques shops. And who can resist a few pieces of brown transferware this season? I know I can't! ;)




I've added other things that I hoard, like the creamy white beeswax candles that I just can't bring myself to part with. I love candles that are already burned down a little -- they have so much more character than brand new tapers, don't you think?

And I love all gravy and sauce boats. They have such a beautiful shape.




So tell me, what inspiration are drawing from autumn this year?



old christmas cards |reindeer christmas cards |thank you notes |creative christmas cards |business christmas card |

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder