20 Aralık 2010 Pazartesi

My Thrifty Office



Do you remember when I got this desk last January? My daughter immediately claimed it as her own, and loaded it with books and papers from school. Well, she's off to college this fall, so I have taken it over for use as Blogging Central. Yes, this is where all the magic happens.

Try not to get too excited. ;)

I wanted to show it to you, though, because of all the thrifty items that make up my little corner office. The desk, of course, was a roadside find. Free. $0. (Yes, you may applaud.)

The chair was on sale at HomeGoods. The front legs were scratched a little, so I got it for $62. I think that is a pretty decent price for something that usually retails for over $150.




The tarnished silver-plated urn that holds pencils and pens was a garage sale find for $1. The gold painted finial is from TJMaxx. The hand-painted tole tray was a gift from my dear friend, Robin. (Thank you, Robin!) The small silver-plated pitcher holds oak leaves from a recent walk. It is from the thrift store. I think I paid $4. for it.




An assortment of frames from HomeGoods hold family photos -- my mother, my husband and kids, and my father and his brothers. The brass lamp was $20. at the thrift store. The shade was $16., again from HomeGoods.

I've always admired some of the home offices I see in blogland -- some very trendy, others very feminine. The style of mine was dictated by where the desk actually fit in our house. So I had to go with the hand I was dealt. But in a funny way, I think it fits me very well -- classic, old and comfortable. Kind of like me. :)





company christmas cards |construction christmas cards |polar bear christmas cards |design your own christmas cards |business christmas cards |

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder