22 Ocak 2011 Cumartesi

Where Did All This Blue Come From?



I just made a discovery -- I have a lot of blue transferware! Because my dining room is red, I tend to collect and display red transferware.




But as I was scrounging through my cupboards yesterday for something different to display on my dining room dresser, I realized that a lot of blue had found it's way into the Little Red House.




A few pieces are from my mother, including the blue spongeware pitcher, and several blue willow plates.




This little blue and white pottery cup (above) was my mother's, too.




I bought this antique platter (above) on Ebay last year.




There are some reproduction Spode dinner plates here as well. I just can't seem to resist buying a few when I see them in HomeGoods. :)




And I guess they are starting to add up, because apparently I have enough to make quite a large display.




This pitcher belonged to my mother, too. Imagine my delight when I found a miniature version (in one of the photos above) in the thrift store.




As some of you know, I collect silverplate pitchers and gravy boats as well. And I think they go nicely here with the blue and white.




This antique plate which belonged to my mother, is my favorite. I found it a few years ago when cleaning out one of our closets.

Which gives you an idea of the kind of housekeeper I am.

A very bad one. ;)

Edited to add: I am linking this post to Paula Grace's Timeless Tuesday. She always has wonderful design advice, so go and visit -- you'll be glad you did. :)



christmas card printing |old christmas cards |customized christmas cards |personalized christmas greeting cards |florida christmas cards |

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder