9 Ocak 2011 Pazar

My Strange Breakfast



I had minestrone for breakfast this morning.

It could be worse, right? I mean, there have been times when I've had a handful of chocolate covered craisins for breakfast, or a slice of cold pizza, or a handful of last night's popcorn, so minestrone is actually a good choice, right?

After all, I did resolve to eat more vegetables in 2011.




I made the minestrone for dinner last night. I cut a recipe out of a magazine years ago, and I've made it so often that I don't even follow the recipe any more. So I can't really share a recipe with you, except to say that it starts with onions, carrots and celery, salt and pepper, sauteed in some olive oil.




I add a small can of tomato paste and some chicken stock to deglaze the pot.

(Can I tell you a blogging secret? When I took the picture of the stock being poured into the pot, I had my eye to the camera viewfinder and sort of missed the pot. All that steam is the stock hitting the stove's burner. lol)




I add some red kidney beans and zucchini. Then I just let it simmer till it thickens. I serve it with pasta elbows, which I cook separately so that they do not get too soft.




So that's about it. Minestrone for dinner. And breakfast. :)



make christmas cards |horse christmas cards |elegant christmas cards |snowman christmas cards |printed christmas cards |

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder