11 Ocak 2011 Salı

Violet Tea



I know I just posted about violets last week, but I thought I would show you these violet teacups that belonged to my mother. I am so lucky that my parents kept and passed on such cherished belongings.




I have a set of four cups and saucers. I think they are hand painted, and they have delicate gold rims. As you can see (below), they are also painted inside. They were made in Japan. There is no visible company or maker's mark on the bottom. They have got to be at least 50 years old, though, because I remember my mother using them when I was quite small.




The cups themselves are very thin and fragile. I'm almost afraid to use them myself. And after all, how many times do I really have the opportunity to use them? It's not like I'm serving high tea every afternoon.

But wouldn't that be fun? ;)




Pass the cucumber sandwiches, please. :)

I'm linking up to Show and Tell Friday at Cindy's beautiful blog, My Romantic Home. Be sure to visit Cindy and all the wonderful participants.



snowman christmas cards |imprinted christmas cards |christmas gift card |wildlife christmas cards |thank you cards |

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder