11 Ocak 2011 Salı

My name is Mary, and I'm a milk-glass-a-holic



This is my semi-annual post where I show you all the milk glass I bought for a song at the Visiting Nurse's Rummage Sale in Far Hills, New Jersey. ;)

I went there this year, saying to myself that I was not going to buy any more milk glass. I have way too much already.

But that resolve went right out the window when I saw these two beautiful pieces by Westmoreland (above and below).

One was $3. and the other was $2. The covered candy dish (above) is currently selling for around $25-$38 on ebay and bonanza. Score!




The beautiful goblet (below) was made by Napco. I love the simple shape and the almost translucent quality of the glass. I think this one cost me $2. -- a real bargain for something that gives me so much pleasure to look at. :)





I love the basketweave pattern on the plate shown below, too. It doesn't have a maker's mark, but I think it may be another piece of Westmoreland because it is so heavy. I'll have to look out for a few more so that I can set a small table with them. ;)





The hobnail, fluted-edge compote (below) has no maker's mark either, but it has the most beautiful opalescent glass. This makes me wonder if it is made by Fenton, which is famous for it's lovely fluting and mother-of-pearl glass. I've ordered a reference book on milk glass from Amazon. Can't wait to see if it helps with identification. :)



The little leaf-shaped candy dish (below) is definitely Fenton -- the daisy and button pattern. I just thought it was so cute, and for $1. it was another no brainer.




And the very first piece of milk glass I ever bought was an urn similar to the one shown below. I think I just responded to the classic shape. Now I have several of them. This one is by the E.O. Brody Co. I'm thinking of placing one of them on either end of the mantel in the library with some fall branches.




If you are a fan of Eddie Ross, you will know that he often includes milk glass pieces in his tablescapes. Early last week he wrote on his blog that he was shooting
a makeover story for Women's Day at the Visiting Nurse's Rummage Sale. I can't wait to see it, and see if it includes any milk glass! :)



custom christmas card |christmas card designs |merry christmas card |black christmas cards |family christmas cards |

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder