24 Aralık 2010 Cuma

Willowwood Arboretum, Late Summer in the Cottage Garden



Isn't there something just so happy about yellow flowers? I used to be a real English garden snob -- nothing but blues, pinks and whites for me. But that meant that there were not many choices for late summer blooms in my oh-so-genteel pastel garden.




No room for exuberant heliopsis, or the smiling faces of black-eyed Susans. No beautiful bronze chrysanthemums. Nothing to relate to the fast-approaching autumn colors.




But I have learned my lesson thanks, in part, to the many local gardens where I take my camera out for a spin. ;)

These images are from Willowwood Arboretum, which I have visited several times this year.




The cottage garden in front of the house is laid out on an axis from the front door, with a crazy paving stone walkway bisected by a grassy path.




The plantings crowd the stone path with a wonderful exuberance, softening the hard edges. The view (above) shows the house at the end of the garden.






I just love this beautiful iron gate, which leads into the garden from the lawn in front of the house. There is a wonderful combination of stone, evergreen shrubs and plantings which together make this garden a very inviting place.




Willowwood Arboretum
300 Longview Road
Far Hills, NJ 07931-2625




thank you notes |boat christmas cards |personalized christmas cards |funny christmas greeting cards |musical christmas cards |

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder